Monday, May 22, 2017

More MAGAM Merry May projects - Red linen Cargo Shorts

It's a 3 day weekend this weekend but I still sewed something! Between forest hiking and visiting National Historic Monuments with the kids, I hid away from them for just enough time to make some new shorts.

I used my tried and true Butterick 5044 that had been tweaked for my body. I made View A in size Small. The red linen blend fabric has been in my stash for years. It's a brilliant true red which I love. The only change I made was to position the side pockets higher than suggested by the sewing pattern.  I used an existing black shoe lace in my stash for the waist tie.

Surely one can always use a pair of linen shorts for the hot and sticky summer! The temperature right now is still in the mid-teens Celsius so I'm not wearing these shorts yet. But I can't wait till I will be able to wear them!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty, comfortable and well-fitting - you've hit all the marks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I'm still trying to reduce the amount of fabric stash in my house. So I'll probably be making lots of summer garments with this same fabric the next couple of months!

      Delete