Thursday, April 26, 2012

ECing a 1 year old

My baby girl is 1 year old! Where has the time gone? She is walking assisted right now and is more bossy than ever~! LOL! What a little diva! She fights with her brother for toys even though she can't really walk yet. She antagonizes him at every turn with a grin on her face. I have 2 very lively kids keeping me busy at all times!

ECing this past few weeks has been hits and misses. She only fought me on the potty 50% of the time. I would catch 1 poo and miss 1 poo each day. She would pee in both of the potties in the home but only poo in 1 of them. Don't know why! She did pee at Starbucks, the library and Ikea without complaining. I have no idea when she would fight me on the potty. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and hope for the best!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Another Men's shirt refashion

I love refashioning Men's shirts! This is an extra large jean shirt I inherited. I immediately thought of making an outfit for my baby girls upcoming birthday.

I drafted a simple dress shape and a pair of bloomers. I used the shirts' button front as the back, and the bottom of the shirt hem as the dress hem. No extra hemming required. Yay! I also made a pair of bloomer shorts from this shirt fabric. I used remnants of the yellow polka dot fabric and made bias tape with it to add some contrast. I also used that same polka dot fabric to make another pair of bloomers for a mix and match style. The whole outfit didn't take long to make and it was really fun. I love making clothes for my kids! I can't wait to see her in this outfit!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Simplicity 4243 - Baby summer romper

So I made a wearable muslin using Simplicity 4243, with this yellow polka dot craft fabric that I have in my stash. Again I didn't position the pleats over the dots correct so they don't match up in the front.

Changes I've made:
I added length to the waist because my baby is quite long-waisted. I used ready made snap tape for the crotch. It didn't take too long but I made some errors putting on the snap tape so I had to redo it.
Also, I added buttons to the shoulder instead doing a zipper at the back as suggested in the pattern. I thought the zipper would be too uncomfortable/scratchy for my baby's bare back.

The leg openings are too big and look a bit odd. So I'll have to apply some elastic at the leg openings to scrunch them up a bit. I used size L and it's very roomy for my baby. I'm hoping after I add the leg opening elastics my baby will get to wear it for this entire summer before outgrowing it.