Saturday, May 18, 2013

Me-Made May'13 - May 13 to 17

Here are the outfits for Me-Made May'13 from May 13 to 17. The weather was still a bit cool in the morning and warmed up a bit in the afternoon but then cold again in the evening. Layer was still key for this period.

May 13:
Top 1: Me-Made pink cotton button down shirt (Simplicity 5204). I wore this shirt many times to the office. This shade of pink is one of the rare pinks that is more flattering for my skin tone.
Top 2: Thrifted grey merino wool sweater that's crying out for a refashion!
Bottom: Me-Made black Polartec Windbloc leggings (McCall 5273). My local fabric store sold these Polartec remnants from years past at a deep discount a few years back. I originally made them for winter sports and they perform extremely well for that purpose. They became my regular throw-on pants this past winter. They are not super fitted so they sort of look like knit fitted pants.



May 14:
Top 1: Me-Altered turtleneck to crewneck black cotton ribknit top
Top 2: Me-Made blue wool/mix boucle woven cardigan/jacket (Butterick 5104 - see this post for the refashioning of this me-made jacket)
Bottom: Same Me-Made Polartec Windbloc knit pants



May 15:
Top: Me-Made grey sweatshirt tunic (Butterick 5241 - see this post)
Bottom: Me-Made stretch denim jeggings (McCall 5273). Very much loved 3 season pants. I altered the pattern to make it quite high waisted so that it holds back all my lumpy bits at my midriff.



May 16:
Top 1: Me-Altered Men's XL 80's buttondown shirt (see this post). This top is loose-fitting and super comfy to wear. The pattern of the shirt seemed scary at first but actually works with many pieces in my wardrobe.
Top 2: Me-Altered thrifted cardigan (I changed the buttons only)
Bottom: Same Me-Made stretch denim jeggings (McCall 5273)



May 17:
Dress: Me-Altered thrifted XL black terry cloth dress (same as last week's). I still want to refashion it a bit more to give it more character.

Under the Dress: Me-Made red swimsuit (Kwik Sew 2690, same as the black one from last week. See this post for the making of the red swimsuit). This swimsuit, as well as the black me-made one have performed well so far at chlorinated pools and lakes/rivers already. Hopefully they will last a few more years.


Let's see if the weather will get warmer next week. I have lots of dresses that I want to wear with bare legs! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I love that swimsuit! I'm so glad you posted about it; I've been looking for a basic swimsuit pattern with some detail at the bust and this fits the bill. Yours is way nicer than the swim dress version. I think it's out of print now (?) but I was able to locate a downloadable copy. So I may be making a suit for summer after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrienne! I looked for a long time for a simple swimsuit pattern with a high back and a simple ruched front. I'm glad that I read the pattern drawing in detail to see past the swim dress bit. I highly recommend that you try this suit for the summer!

      Delete