Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Glamourous little jacket - Butterick 4664


I made this a while ago for a X'mas party that didn't happen. It was based on a pattern I bought a few years ago, Butterick 4664. The fabric and lining are both from my stash. I got the small piece of brown faux fur from a cheapy bin at my local fabric store, and the lining is Bemberg.

I made Jacket A (Medium) but eliminated the collar because I thought the thick fur would make me look like I have no neck. The neckline turned out to be a little bit too wide for me, so I just added a button hole and sewn on a rhinestone button to narrow the neckline. The original pattern called for a ribbon closure. All in all it's a very easy to make jacket. Although I must admit that I really don't like sewing with faux fur. The cut fur was everywhere, including my nose, and made me sneeze constantly during the construction! I'm just glad that this is now done.

I'm very happy with how this turned out. It's very soft and very cozy to wear. Now I just need to find somewhere posh to go to.........

No comments:

Post a Comment