Sunday, September 6, 2015

Refashioned: Red lace dress got sleeves!

I made this red lace dress (Butterick 6771) more than a year ago. Since then I had only worn it once!


I thought perhaps I could make it more suitable for all-season wearing by adding sleeves to it. Being a red dress, I would then be able to wear it for Valentine's day (Feb), X'mas (Dec) and New Year's too (Jan). Moreover, I had seen many celebrities wearing sleeved red lace dresses on the red carpet:

Source

I still have some remnant red lace material so I cut 3/4 sleeves using the same Butterick 6771 dress pattern. And this is the after:


I am hoping I will be able to wear it more often now. I thrifted a fabulous tangerine coloured silk slip from my local thrift store and it seems to work well under this lace dress comparing to a nude or black slip. Now I just need to find an occasion to wear it. How about the first day of school? ;-)

5 comments:

  1. This dress is fabulous! I like the sleeves with it better. And usually for me, I don't like a lot of sleeves on dresses. NIce job!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! I hope I'll wear it more now that it's a 4 season dress!

      Delete
  2. Yes it is fabulous! Like this version much more....more versatile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it suits my body shape better with sleeves.

      Delete
  3. Yes it is fabulous! Like this version much more....more versatile

    ReplyDelete