My family and I have been using my own homemade organic Face/Body/Hand/Feet Butter for a long time. The previous formulation had beeswax in it and it is a bit heavy for the warmer seasons. So I did some trial and error and made a new formulation. This batch is more 'lotion-like' and works very well with the pump bottles. And it's sooooo easy to make!
1. 3 parts Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
2. 1 part Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Melt the 2 oils in a double boiler over medium heat.
2. Once everything is melted, remove from heat. Use a stick blender to blend the oil mixture until the mixture is luke warm.
3. Pour the mixture into a glass mason jar, put the lid on and put the jar in the freezer to cool.
4. Take the jar out of the freezer after about half a day. Leave the jar at room temperature. The mixture will soften gradually and will be ready for use in a few hours.
You can leave the lotion in the jar or pour it into a pump bottle with a funnel for ease of use.
The main step I find that works for me is to freeze the mixed oils in the freezer instead of letting it cool down on the counter. I find the consistency is much better after it was frozen and thawed.
This lotion is much easier to apply all over the body than the previous body butter with beeswax. And I love the coconut scent all over my body and face. I don't even need to add any essential oils as a fragrant. I think I might include this as a X'mas gift for friends/family this year!