Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Catching up....

Long time no post! :-)

I have been really busy with my little Facebook shop, learning about social media advertising/marketing, etc, sewing stuff for the shop, sewing for my kids, painting the house inside and outside, organizing activities and roadtrips in the summer, etc. I have sold some stuff via my shop but I'm still not sure who my target market is and how to let them know about my wares. Everything seems to be hit and miss.

One of my friends who has been operating her home based craft business for a few years told me that it took her 2 years of hardwork to get everything going. She now has a steady amount of sales from regular customers and steady increase of new customers. She rarely did craft shows because of the high cost of tables and she had to arrange childcare which ate into her very small profit. I guess I have a long way to get to where she is now!

I am sewing a lot but nothing for moi! I need to make some fun summer garment for myself. I'm itching to make another swimsuit even though I have already made 4 for myself. Seriously, how many swimsuits does one need? :-)

So what do you think? What should I make that's quick, fun and summery?

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ruthie! A summery skirt sounds great. I will have to search my enormous fabric stash to see what summery skirt fabrics I have.

      Delete
  2. I hear that kimonos are "in" this summer, made from floaty, lightweight or sheer fabric -- very few seams, a quick make, and good for air-conditioned places. It's just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny. I guess I need to research on Pinterest and see what kimono jacket styles I can reference.

      Delete
  3. How about a bathing suit coverup? I have seen some cute ones online made from terrycloth & pompom fringe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! Thanks for that! I will check and see what stash fabrics I have.

      Delete
  4. Something quick and easy; a knit tank dress or maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete