Sunday, February 26, 2017

Wardrobe Sudoku Contest: Last item Red slim pants McCall's 5273

Wow! This is the last piece of garment for the Wardrobe Sudoku Contest. I made a pair of red slim pants a few years ago but I wore and laundered it so much that those pants were falling apart. I had more red stretch woven cotton fabrics in my stash so I decided to make another pair with a slight twist.

I used the same tried and true and tweaked McCall's 5273 that calls for moderate stretch fabrics. I made view C which is an elastic pull-on style. This is my 14th (?) time using this pattern so it all came together really quickly. I added a faux front fly and sewed down permanent narrow pleats in the front leg pieces.


I'm pretty happy with them. I think I'll be wearing these very often in the Spring, Summer and Autumn.

It's such a relief to have completed all the garments for this Wardrobe Sudoku Contest! I was worried that I wouldn't find enough stash fabrics/notions that would go together, and then I was worried that I would run out of time because of the upcoming March Break. I am also very excited to have so many new sewn garments to wear this coming spring, summer, and autumn! I am also very thankful for all the encouragements I have received from my blog friends who cheered me along!

Now I will need to do a photo session with all the different combinations of garments/ accessories for this Wardrobe Sudoku.

My review of this pattern is at PatternReview.

7 comments:

  1. You've done an amazing job in such a short time! I'm very impressed! Looking forward to seeing the finished photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny for your encouragement all along. It's been great fun participating in this contest!

      Delete
  2. They are so smart and eyecatching - and look really good on you, with such a slim, perfect fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Since this is the 13th/14th time I have used this pattern, I have gotten better with the fit. The pattern however, is falling apart with such overuse! :-)

      Delete
  3. These look beautiful and nice colour choice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed this blog, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete