Sunday, November 8, 2015

Handmade Christmas Presents Challenge - Scarf for Mom Done!

I am finally done with the knitted scarf for my mom! As mentioned before, I thrifted these Alpaca/mohair blend yarn from my local Salvation Army. I used 2 balls of yarn for this scarf. My mom doesn't like the scarves to be too long because she wants to be able to stow them in her coat pocket easily. I just used the basic knit technique since the yarn has it's own texture. I hope she likes it! And here it is:

And here is how it looks on me:

Of course, once my daughter saw me knitting, she said she wanted a scarf in the same yarn too. Thank goodness I have 2 more balls of the same yarn left. I guess I'll have to knit her something as well for Christmas! Note to self: don't make Christmas presents in front of the kids! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your commitment, and your progress to date! Love the boxes for your children; they turned out wonderfully. And that scarf - beautiful. You have inspired me to try to make a few things. I don't work as fast as you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Since I have a lot of Christmas presents to make, I really tried to knit a few rows here and there throughout the day. I also cheated by using a thick needle (6mm)! ;-)

      Delete