Monday, May 26, 2014

Wedding Dress Muslin 3 - Vogue 8285

Okay this is the last of the wedding dress muslins. This one is Vogue 8285 size 14 View A.

It's a little loose so I used a wider seam allowance. I did my usual short waist adjustment also. Here are the pictures:


It looks okay to me. Not as 'regal' as Vogue 2237 but the most comfortable and the most practical for walking around. I'm really not sure which one I should use for the final dress. Right now it's really between this dress and Vogue 2237. If you have forgotten what the other dress looked like, here are the pictures again:

Any suggestions on which one I should make as my final dress?

6 comments:

  1. Difficult choice! I love the front of the bottom one and the back of the top one. I'd go with the good front as a back can always be altered to add more detail - a lace up back or lace detail / appliques etc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I think you are right that the front is more important. The photos will be taken from the front most of the time anyway! And my veil will cover a lot of my back too.

      Delete
  2. This is hard as they both are special in a certain way. The straight is beautiful, but the first one has a lot of interesting details. I'd love to see the finished details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dorothy DotDot! I think the pattern I choose will be dictated by the kind of bridal fabric I can find. It's tough to find a good bridal fabric in my neighbourhood right now.....

      Delete
  3. Hi, I've been away, so I've just had a look at your muslins. Of course, it is never easy to choose, especially as they are all nice. As Dorothy says, they are both nice. I think now the fabric choice may have to guide you. The Vogue dress looks like it needs something firmer, like a satin (duchess maybe), while the other line looks as though it would be better in something softer - especially with the gathers under the bust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! Yes the fabric will guide me since there is not much to choose from in my local fabric stores. I'm going to drive out of my town a bit to see if I will have some luck in another town's fabric store.

      Delete