Thursday, October 25, 2018

Please spread the word - Go Fund Me

For those blogger friends who had been following my blog, you would have known that I have been diagnosed with non-smoker stage 4 lung cancer this March. I went through a whole range of cancer drugs approved by Health Canada but nothing worked. The tumours kept spreading got larger and larger.

A new drug treatment that has shown success recently but is only available on a trial basis in the US has finally started showing benefits for me but not without requiring a extremely large amount of money to pay for the US scans/tests, medication, medical staff and an unfortunate and unplanned visit to the emergency in the US.

If you are able, please donate what you can to help recover my expenses and stay alive as long as possible. The anticipated costs to continue treatment will reach at least $310,000CAD. The goal is to give me more time to spend with her family and help ease the financial implications. In addition, my mother has Alzheimer's and I would like to be alive and well enough to participate in my mom's Alzheimer treatment plan.

Please spread the word and share my story to help reach our goal.


http://www.gofundme.com/keep-darmeen-alive

2 comments:

  1. I will do what I can, Nicky. I hope you're able to raise a significant amount this way. I am so glad this treatment has helped you somewhat. It seems wrong that life-saving treatment has to cost so much, doesn't it? Good luck and chin up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! I'm sad that the FDA and Health Canada are slow to look at these life saving drugs. It's cheaper to die! :-)

    ReplyDelete