Saturday, October 20, 2018

Pikachu girl

My daughter suddenly developed a love of the character Pikachu this summer. For the school year 2018-2019, she bought a yellow Pikichu hoodie and wore it almost daily. She saw that I had some remnant of yellow fleece and begged me to make her a pair of yellow pants to complete the all-yellow Pikachu outfit.

For a few weeks I asked to make sure that she would wear the yellow pants outside - not just for dressing up inside the house. If it's just for dress up then I don't want to waste my limited energy to make the dress up pants. She assured me for a few weeks that she would wear it outside, she would wear it to school.

So today I was feeling well enough to use the sewing machine. I quickly used a pair of my daughter's pants as a template and made the yellow pants. My daughter put the pants on right away with her yellow Pikachu hoodie to go to a family outing. I thought she would look like a giant banana at first but it didn't look that bad. Perhaps she could wear that to school. What do you think?


11 comments:

  1. what a fun sunshiney colour. I think she looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It just shows that my daughter knows more about fashion than me!

      Delete
  2. I love it - yellow is such a cheerful colour! Well done to both of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. P. S. I'm glad you were able to do some sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! this new targeted chemo drug seems to be stabilizing my condition so that I can do a little sewing each week.

      Delete
    2. That's good to hear, Nicky.

      Delete
  4. I have been thinking about you over the last few days as I have not seen you around in the blogosphere. How wonderful that you can at least do a little of what you enjoy. And your daughter's outfit is stunning - it must make you feel good to make her happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! It's great to be able to do something I love when I feel well enough. I look forward to those days every morning!

      Delete
  5. I love this yellow color and your daughter looks cute in the jacket and pants. I am glad you had some energy to sew. I hope you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I'm doing a little better. I hope each day is like that!

      Delete