Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Refashion: Old Loose Swimsuit to New Strappy Swimsuit

I was cleaning my wardrobe and found this Pre-Kids swimsuit from more than 10 years ago. I thought that I had donated it to a charity shop already. I tried on the swimsuit but the low back of the swimsuit made the straps fall off my shoulders all too easily.


I liked the colour of the suit and I thought I could salvage it somehow by refashioning it. I have some black swimsuit fabric scraps. I thought that I could add some straps to the low back to make the suit more secure. Lucky for me, there is currently a trend of 'strappy swimwear':

Source
I cut and sewed 2 long straps from the black swimsuit fabric scraps. I tried on the suit and positioned the straps to the places that worked for my body. I sewed the straps down onto the black trim of the swimsuit. Within 30 minutes, I had a swimsuit that didn't fall off my shoulders!




Another quick and easy and useful Refashion!

No comments:

Post a Comment