I washed and tumble dried the fabric and found that it was a bit thin. To avoid showing my panty lines, I decided to underline the entire pair of shorts with a cream cotton blend broadcloth. I also added back pockets to the shorts (not included in the pattern). However, I made an error and the pockets are too low. Oh well! One can't really tell unless I put my hand in my pocket. The floral pattern disguises the pockets quite nicely.
The shorts are a little snug due to the underlining. I do plan to lose a few pounds before July. But I think I'll actually tweak the pattern a bit and add 2cm to the width of each pant leg next time.
I can't wait to wear this for the Me Made may 2015 challenge!