Saturday, December 6, 2014

MAGAM December Plan: Chain Mail dress for X'mas - Butterick 5247

The December theme for Make A Garment A Month is 'Festive Dress'. I have so many ideas for a 'Festive Dress' that it was really hard to decide what to make. I looked through my fabric stash and found this silver glittery knit. I remember when I first saw it in the fabric store I thought 'Chain mail!'. I thought it's going to be a festive enough material.

As for the pattern, since the material is already 'festive enough', I thought I would use a pattern in my stash that is more subdued in shape/style to balance out the 'rock and roll chain mail'. I just made a dress with my tried-and-true Butterick 5247 last month. It has a nice and easy shape so that one can eat a big x'mas/new year's meal in it. And it's also a very practical style for a holiday hostess dress.


Hopefully this will be a fun, quick and easy chain mail hostess dress!


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea - you will be able to layer this over all sorts of other warm clothes too - you'll look great and feel cosy as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! I'm planning some design changes so it will not look exactly the same as the pattern envelope!

      Delete