I have seen these purse organizers on the web and I thought, 'My purse needs some organizing for sure!' I just made my son some new curtains for his new room so I used the curtain scraps plus some leftover bias tape to make a 28" x 6" purse organizer. Please excuse the look because it was made quickly and crudely with whatever scraps I have on hand.
1. Cut 2 pieces of fabric: 28" x 9". Cut 1 piece of batting of the same size.
2. Sandwich the batting with the 2 pieces of fabric and do some elementary quilting. I did diagonal lines 1" apart.
3. Bind the bottom edge with bias tape.
4. Fold the bottom up 3" and sew the sides in place.
5. Bind the 2 sides and the top edge with bias tape.
6. I then took my phone, coupons, cards, note books, etc (things I want to put into the organizer slots) and mark out where I want to sew the dividers.
7. Sew the dividers up.
8. Voila! I put my purse 'junk' into the slots, roll the purse organizer to fit into whatever purse I'm carrying that day.