Wednesday, December 5, 2018

My cancer story on the local newspaper

My cancer journey is now posted on the local online newspaper:

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/9066210-markham-mom-with-stage-4-lung-cancer-needs-support-for-u-s-clinical-trials/


I hope this will bring attention to our Go Fund Me Campaign as well as patients like me who are stuck between the provincial health insurance program and no insurance. I'm sure there are lots of patients with serious illnesses like me in Canada, even though we have a basic universal health care program. How do we solve this problem, especially with complicated medical illness like cancer, with medical treatments that advanced much faster than the legislation can follow.


2 comments:

  1. It's a complicated issue, isn't it? Good article. I hope it helps. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny! I hope the article was useful.

    ReplyDelete