Thursday, November 16, 2017

Nov MAGAM completed! A Reversible Faux Fur Vest

My health is getting better which means More Sewing! The November theme for MAGAM (Make a Garment a Month) group is 'November Needs'. I know my closet well and I know I don't NEED anything else. However, when I looked into my fabric stash, I realized there are a few winter cozy items that I would like to wear this winter.

I thrifted a piece of purple reversible faux shearling in my local thrift store a couple of years ago. I had bit more than 1 metre of it. I love wearing faux fur in the winter. It's cozy and warm and stylish too. My mom-in-law already gifted me a black faux fur vest and a beige faux fur vest years ago. I wore them both frequently in the winter. So an addition of another faux fur vest sounds like a good idea.

I drafted my own vest pattern and started cutting. The fluff was everywhere and I had to wear a face mask during the vest construction. It all came together very quickly. I used lapped seams so that the reversible vest seams looked tidy. I sewed a small zig-zag stitch all the way around all the raw edges to prevent the fur fluff from eroding.


And this is how the reversible vest looks on me:


It's a bit thick and boxy but oh so warm and cozy! I think it will look good with jeans too. And I busted some more stash! Yay!

6 comments:

  1. It looks nice and warm and soft! A vest can keep the chills away but leave your arms free, a good compromise :) Glad you are feeling some better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I'm really looking forward to wearing it this winter!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I'm happy to have another super warm vest to wear this winter!

      Delete
  3. Boxy is better for layering... love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! It is really warm and great for layering!

      Delete