Friday, June 26, 2015

A Linen Tank top for the summer - New Look 6752

I needed some summer tops that are not the usual long sleeves tunics. I searched through my fabric stash and found this black linen remnants from making my linen shorts and jackets (see the jacket and shorts here). I had just enough for a tank top. I decided that I would make a loose tank top with New Look 6752 in my stash. I had used this pattern to make 2 dresses before (here and here).


This is a super easy and quick to make pullover top. I made the this in hip length and added a curved hem in the front only. I wanted it to disguise my mommy tummy. I used a black satin binding to bind the neckline to make it more dressy. However, it doesn`t really show well in the photos:


I`m hoping I`ll wear it a lot this summer!

4 comments:

  1. I like that! It looks like one of those tops that will go with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly! Yes I was trying to make something basic that would go with many things.

      Delete
  2. Very flattering top - the binding looks lovely - and it looks as though you have pleats or darts at the neckline - very nice. Don't you love it when you can just go to a pattern you love to use, and have something in the stash that is just right - beats the shopping mall to find RTW - which you can never find in the colour, fabric or style you want - any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! There are 4 pleats at the neckline for this pattern. I think neckline pleats really work for a drapey top like this. I haven't bought any RTW clothing items for a long time. They never work for my body shape.

      Delete