It's difficult to choose just a few favourite projects as they are all my 'babies'. But here are the Top Ten Sewing/Refashioning Projects that I particularly love:
1. Refashioned Turtlenecks to Scoopnecks tops. I did this refashion for 5 different turtlenecks. I wasn't wearing those turtlenecks anyway and they were just sitting in my closet. I'm now wearing them regularly in the Spring, Autumn and Winter. Yay!
2. Very practical use of Fabric Scraps - Sanitary pads. Not the prettiest sewing project but I am so happy with them! I haven't bought any commercial sanitary pads since I made these earlier this year. I'm so happy I'm not filling the landfill with commercial pads anymore. Another Yay!!
3. Self-made Swimsuit #2 (Kwik Sew 2690). This is the 2nd suit I made with this pattern and I tweaked it a bit to suit me better. I wore it a lot (as well as the black suit) during this past summer when I went to the pool or beach with the kids. It held my lumpy bits in more than the commercial suit. I'm so happy I'll never need to buy another commercial swimsuit again!! Yay yay yay!!
4. Toddler Spring/Autumn jacket (Burda 9780). I really like this jacket. It was all made with stash fabric a stash pattern. The good thing is that my toddler loves it too. She even wanted to wear this jacket in the snow (of course it's not warm enough). She wore it a lot since I made it which is really gratifying because you never know how fast the kids will outgrow the clothes I've made. Yay!
5. Refashioned: 1 odd Thrifted ensemble into 2 dresses. I thrifted an odd ensemble at my local thrift store for less than $10. And from that I was able to make 2 party dresses. I wore them out for my wedding anniversary and my birthday dinner. They were comfortable and I felt wonderful in them. Yay again!
6. Refashioned Tuxedo suede skirt. This was the first time I had sewn with suede. Previously I had only sewed with faux suede which was very different from real suede. I conquered my fear of sewing with suede with this skirt and I'm so happy about it.
7. Refashioned kids' pants. I have used this same method to extend many of my son's and my daughter's pants. I'm hoping they will not outgrow them until next summer.
8. Toddler jumper (Butterick 3267). This was made with stash fabric and a thrifted pattern. My daughter likes it wears it a couple of days a week since I have made it. Great layering for the winter.
9. Refashioned boy to girl vest. I started doing rudimentary embroidery with my old mechanical sewing machine with this project. It turned out okay. My daughter loves this and wears this all the time.
10. A little purse for my little lady. I used scraps from my stash and did the same cat character embroidery on this little purse. It's a X'mas present for her so she hasn't seen it yet. Hopefully it will get a lot of use.
So that was my list of fav projects from 2013. Let's hope for more fabulous sewing/refashioning/crafting projects for 2014 too! Happy Holidays everyone!!