Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Year's resolution

Happy New Year! Can you believe it's 2013 already? Now that I have kids, time seems to go by really slowly sometimes and really quickly at other times. I can't believe I have an almost 4 year old and another who will be 2 this spring!

Last year my fashion/sewing resolution was to not buy any new fabrics and new clothing/accessories for myself and my family (except under garments and socks). I think I only slipped up a few times so I'm happy with that. This year I will be continuing with that effort and also to add one more thing: Not to buy any 2nd hand items unless I absolutely need it (e.g. kids outgrowing their clothes and I have no time to sew new clothes). I love thrifting at 2nd hand stores but my thrifted pile has been growing and I haven't had enough time to refashion/alter a lot of the items. So until my refashion pile has gone down substantially, I'm not going to buy more. Let's see how I'll do on this front.

Also, like most women I'm not wearing everything in my closet. I think I'm only wearing about 50% of my entire wardrobe. I need to go through my closet and move some unwearables to the refashion pile. I lost some weight in the last few months so perhaps I will be lucky enough to fit into some of the pre-kids garments! It will be fun to refashion garments from my own closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment