Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Simplicity 4243 - Baby summer romper

So I made a wearable muslin using Simplicity 4243, with this yellow polka dot craft fabric that I have in my stash. Again I didn't position the pleats over the dots correct so they don't match up in the front.

Changes I've made:
I added length to the waist because my baby is quite long-waisted. I used ready made snap tape for the crotch. It didn't take too long but I made some errors putting on the snap tape so I had to redo it.
Also, I added buttons to the shoulder instead doing a zipper at the back as suggested in the pattern. I thought the zipper would be too uncomfortable/scratchy for my baby's bare back.

The leg openings are too big and look a bit odd. So I'll have to apply some elastic at the leg openings to scrunch them up a bit. I used size L and it's very roomy for my baby. I'm hoping after I add the leg opening elastics my baby will get to wear it for this entire summer before outgrowing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment