Friday, December 28, 2018

I have been busy....

I have been busy! I made a whole bunch of fashion jewelry for friends, family and the nurses at the chemo centre. There is 1 male nurse at the chemo centre so I made a few wooden bead things for him to choose from. I'm really enjoying this! It's creative, I love giving gifts to people I know, I love seeing my creations being worn, it keeps me busy from silly thoughts, it used up lots of beading supplies that I have, it requires less physical exertion, etc. It's a perfect pass-time while being ill!

Here are some of the gifts I made. I forgot to take a picture of the 20+ pieces of jewelry that I gave to the chemo centre. My kids drew the designed the fabric ones for me to make and my son asked for the Snoopy:

I made many custom pieces for friends and family because I knew them well and I knew mainly what they like. As for acquaintances, I made mostly earrings as gifts because sizes don't matter much. Necklaces are not as bad but people do have preferences for long or short necklaces. Bracelets are the hardest. I have a very thin wrist so most bracelets fall off me and don't look good. So it's hard to figure out if something will look nice on someone else with a different shape or size of wrists (meaty, bony, prominent bone, etc). And I find that a lot of people will take a lot of fashion risks with their earrings but not so much with the other types of jewelry.

I still haven't heard back from my queries about using my jewelry for fundraising for my local chemo centre. I need to check that again. I would love to raise some funds for chemo centre, even if it's only $100. I need to talk to the chemo nurses for sure.









5 comments:

  1. Very creative! I think snoopy is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't take credit for that. Pinterest has lots of tutorials!

      Delete
  2. You have been busy! Those pieces are lovely, and you are so right that earrings are a safe bet for those you don't know. And no matter how much weight we gain or lose, they always fit, too!

    The Christmas ornaments designed by your children and sewn by you will be treasured forever. We still have things our kids made in school a very long time ago. I'd never part with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! If I keep all the stuff my kids have made, I would have to buy another house! LOL! I told them that they can keep whatever they like in a drawer in their own bedroom. If it's too full then it's time to edit. I do take photos of all the stuff I make them: clothes, toys, drawings, etc.

      Delete
    2. Haha! By "things" I only meant Christmas ornament things! :) You have a good system going there.

      Delete