Saturday, November 28, 2015

Handmade Christmas Presents Challenge - A Refashion and an Applique

Amid all the ranting about paring down my wardrobe, I have been continuing making handmade Christmas Presents. This time, I made a Mickey Mouse pyjama set for my boy. I used a thrifted a pair of women's mickey mouse pyjama pants that I bought at my local thrift store for $1.99 to make the pj pants. I used the hem of the original pants so it was a super easy refashion:

PJ pants before







































Then I cut a silhouette of the head of Mickey Mouse with the remnant fabrics from the pants, and did an applique on a plain boy's t-shirt:

Excuse the messy topstitching!
So here is the final pj set:

I hope he likes it! I have a few more gifts to make.......better get on with it!

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea. You are doing well with your gift-making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! It's not too difficult to make and I like that I have upcycled something. I hope my boy likes them!

      Delete