Thursday, November 12, 2015

Another break from the Handmade Christmas Presents Challenge - Sweater Dress Refashion

Yes I'm taking another break from making stuff for others and concentrate on moi! :-) This time I'm also doing a very quick and simple refashion.

I thrifted this wool blend grey long sweater dress last year. It's nice and soft and grey is an excellent neutral colour for me:

It's down to my toes - not practical at all!
I heard that long sweater dresses are in fashion right now but it really is not practical in knee deep snow. So I just cut it about knee length and hemmed the dress with 2 rows of narrow zig-zag stitching. It took about 30 minutes of work. And this is how I am wearing it:


I am wearing it with a thrifted belt, an infinity scarf made with thrifted fabrics, purple tights and rainboots (it's rainy right now). I'm happy to have added this to my collection of very useful, refashioned sweater dress for the winter!

4 comments:

  1. Works much better - looked frumpy and awful before. Now it shows off your nice shape and looks lovely styled with the tights, belt and scarf - and those great boots - fun, useful outfit now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! I love sweater dresses for Fall/Winter so much because I'm a lazy dresser. I like all in one dressing. Perhaps I should do a post about my many sweater dresses soon. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Love how it turned out, and love those funky awesome rain boots. Cheers, Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele! It's one of the easiest refashioning projects!

      Delete