Monday, October 28, 2013

A quick look at the New Vogue Sewing Patterns

I haven't bought brand new sewing patterns for almost 2 years now. But I still enjoy looking at the new patterns online when they become available. I would try to see if there were any new styles that I liked and how I would adapt my existing patterns to recreate something similar.

The new Vogue Winter/Holiday patterns just came out and I am a bit disappointed in general. There wasn't anything in particular that attracted me.

This one looks a bit baggy and odd. Even the model doesn't seem comfortable in this herself...

This one seems to be an 80's rehash with some unfortunate fabric.......

This one can be cute.....

I know this is supposed to be artsy but the shape of the jacket may not be the most flattering for most....

This one I can probably copy easily with existing patterns. I heard that checker/plaid fabrics are big this season and I have this big red/black plaid wool in my stash.....

This one could be cute but the fabric is a bit unfortunate again.....

I noticed that the Vogue sewing patterns are not as interesting these days as they were say 10 years ago when I first started sewing. Too bad. I really missed the quality designer patterns.....


No comments:

Post a Comment