Saturday, January 29, 2011

Thrift shop blue sweater project


During my Thrift shop shopping spree, I also bought this light blue 100% wool blue turtleneck sweater. I washed it in Hot setting twice and dried it. It was a Men's XL and it has shrunk quite a bit. There were some moth holes in the neckline which I didn't notice before. So I decided to refashion it into a wool skirt as seen on one of the refashioning blogs (http://nikkishell.typepad.com/wardroberefashion/).

I cut off the sweater just below the sleeves.
I already have this stable knit in my stash. I decided the black and grey check may be too bold so I just went with the dark grey back of the knit.
I made a ruffle band and attached it to the hem of the wool skirt, and Voila! An almost instant frilly wool skirt for my pregnant belly! And it took only a few hours to do. I'm loving this refashioning thing.

4 comments:

  1. That is amazing so imaginative I never would have thought of reversing a shirt to get a skirt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks but I can't take the credit for coming up with this idea. I saw it in the Wardrobe Refashion blog. My idea is to add the frilly bit at the hem of the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again Amy! It was one of those easy and quick refashioning projects that I love.

    ReplyDelete