Monday, January 3, 2011

Sewing for the next one

Happy New Year!

I've starting to sew for the new baby due in the spring. For the last 2 months I have been busy sewing clothing (mainly pants) and winter accessories (hats, neck warmers) for my toddler boy who just started half-day nursery school today. I enjoy sewing for him very much. His clothing takes so little fabric (perfect for the scraps that I have saved all these years) and they are so fast to make. I can cut, sew and finish a pair of flannel lined pants for him in one night! And of course I think he looks adorable in my clothes.

I'm going to be making the following for the new baby:
- quilted play mat
- organic bamboo blanket (summer/autumn)
- one or more stuffed animals (a penguin may be?)
- stuffed letters (initials of the yet-undecided name)

It's actually a much shorter sewing list than I had for my son when I was pregnant with him. I just don't have as much time now so I have to prioritize.

I was thinking of making some additions to my own wardrobe this winter but just don't have time. I'm wearing my own maternity line right now from my last pregnancy. I'm glad I made a couple pairs of pants and a couple winter coats that still work.

I will post some pictures of stuff I sewed for my son in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment