Saturday, April 7, 2018

Long time No Blog

I haven't blog for a very long time.

That's because I have been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer.

I have never smoked in my life. I didn't drink alcohol. I never did recreational drugs. I ate organic foods and exercised moderately.

So it's just bad luck I guess.

I have 2 kids under 10 years old. Of course I'm fighting this cancer. I have to.

I went through1 round of Chemotherapy and that was more painful than I had expected.

2 more rounds of Chemos are planned. I feel more prepared mentally this time. Also, my doctor talked about Targeted Radiotherapy in the future.

I have been so touched and humbled by friends and family who sprung to help me and my kids without hesitation. I feel like I haven't been a good enough friend to them before my illness.

So for the near future, I won't be doing any sewing or crafting or refashioning. But I may still blog about things I want to make later when my health improves.

And I'll be reading the blogs of my sewists to see what they have been creating!




11 comments:

  1. Nicky, I am so sorry to hear this. I did wonder when there was no post from you in so long. I'm sorry it was for such a difficult reason. You have had a rough time. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, my friend. I am thankful you have a good support system. All the best as you continue your treatments. Please keep in touch when and if you feel you can. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I'm in good spirit and I'm trying to get myself physically stronger in anticipation of the next round of chemo therapy!

      Delete
  2. A tough thing to deal with, I hope you get good support as a family and for yourself. Best wishes from the UK Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruthie! I'm lucky to have good friends/family support for this journey.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your condition ...thankyou for letting us know, because I, at least, had been wondering what had happened to you. You are going to need all your resources to do what you have to do ...so glad you have people that can support you. Kindest wishes, Sarah (Liz)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz. I have missed my sewist blogging community very much. In between treatments and ill health, I still want to have some fun and escape into the sewing world, looking at other people's projects and imagining what I will make when I get better!

      Delete
  4. Non-hodgkins lymphoma 2003. Breast cancer 2014. Cancer is a tough battle but you can do it. Fight sister fight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from a cancer survivor! I will fight sister!

      Delete
  5. I'm glad I came across your blog several years ago. I have been a fan of yours in the US ever since. Sorry to hear about your health issues & sending healthy energy & positive thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria for your positive thoughts and energy. I can use every bit of it! :-)

      Delete
  6. Wishing you the best of luck and lots of strength as you go through this fight.

    ReplyDelete