Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I'm back and sewing - ideas for a new project

I was sick with a flu for a week and then I had to catch up with all the errands and chores that I didn't do during that week. But now I'm back and sewing! I made some shorts for my kids with remnant fabrics as well as another remnant fabric tote for a teacher.



I thrifted a bunch of stuff to be refashioned this past week. Some of them are really promising, especially this:


It's a polyester chiffon big scarf that I can make into a dress or top. I looked through the web and found some inspirations for this piece of fabric:
source: burdastyle.com


source: burdastyle.com

Elie Saab RTW Pre-Fall 2013
source: Pinterest.com

What do you think? Should I make something 'practical' or 'whimsical'?

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pattern and lots of material. Are you planning something for the warm weather? Will it need to be lined? I like the idea in the third photo, where the sheer material is used as the upper half of the bodice and sleeves. I keep forgetting to look on the internet for inspiration, but as you have shown, it brings fresh ideas! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny O. I definitely want to make something that I can wear this summer. But I'm thinking that if I make something 'practical' then I can layer it and wear it in the spring and autumn too!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are back sewing again. And are practical and whimsical mutually exclusive? for a summer garment, I think the two can sometimes be combined :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! It's true that summer garments can be more outrageous looking and still be worn in a casual way.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are back sewing again. And are practical and whimsical mutually exclusive? for a summer garment, I think the two can sometimes be combined :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better and back to sewing! The piece of chiffon is lovely and look forward to seeing what you decide. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I'm going to tackle it this weekend!

      Delete