Monday, October 12, 2015

October MAGAM project plan - A Self-drafted Plaid skirt

I have been making garments and accessories with my existing fabric stash for quite a few years now. However, the stash just doesn't look like it's getting significantly smaller. Yes! I have a monster fabric stash!

I have been wanting to make a self-drafted square skirt (a.k.a handkerchief hem skirt) for a while. The idea just has been in my mind for a very long time. I think I'm actually going to do it this month. This is a brief sketch of it:

I have chosen to use this red/black plaid wool blend tweed fabric in my stash. I have previously used it to make a big scarf and a hat (see here).


I plan to make it with an elastic waist. It should be a relatively easy to make skirt. I hope it will turn out well enough for me to wear this Fall/Winter season!




3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. This is going to be my next project. However, I will do it with a wonderful print chiffon that I will line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. This is going to be my next project. However, I will do it with a wonderful print chiffon that I will line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dodo! I think your chiffon version will look really awesome because of the drape of the chiffon.

      Delete