Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pattern Review: Butterick 3267 Toddler Jumper

This past week, the temperature has dipped below 0 Celsius and snow has started to fall. My willful toddler has just gotten used to wearing her winter jackets, hats, mittens and snow boots. But she still would not wear the wool sweater vests I made her. She has become very very very picky about what she wears. She would actually physically fight with me when I try to help her dress in the morning. She loves red clothing but hates almost everything else. So I decided to quickly make some red warmer layers for her with whatever red winter fabric I have in my stash.

I found a small scrap of red fleece in my stash and it was just enough to make her a little A-line jumper. I dug out this thrifted pattern I got from my local thrift store - Butterick 3267. The pattern comes with a pretty coat, an A-line jumper/dress, sweat pants and a hat too.


I made some adjustments to the A-line jumper. I ignored the jumper neckline facings and used some pink ribbed knit scraps to bind the neck and armholes. I thought the straps on the pattern were a bit narrow so I just ignored the 1.5 cm seam allowance for the neckline and the armholes and bound the edges as they were. I added a self-made applique pear (related to my husband's last name) to the left bottom part of the jumper as decoration. I like the contrasts of the red against the pink binding and the green pear against the red background.

I'm pretty happy with this quick to make dress. The fleece was obviously easy to cut/sew and the pattern was so simple (2 pattern pieces only because I ignored the facings). I just hope that my toddler will keep wearing this all winter long!

No comments:

Post a Comment